Heavy Trash Pick Up for Evansville Residents Underway
Evansville residents who pay for trash service with their water bill (including newly-annexed areas), are eligible for the service from the city’s Water & Sewer Utility.
The arrival of warmer weather meant an annual Spring Cleaning and purging of all the junk we don’t need or use at my house over the weekend. While most of the garbage easily fit inside (several) garbage bags, there is a loveseat that needs to go. Thankfully this service saves me time and money on a trip to the dump.
While large furniture like my loveseat will be accepted, there are a few things that won’t be taken. Here’s what will:
- Must be rolled in sections no longer than 4 ft. and no wider than 2 ft. in diameter
- Sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses, box springs, etc.
- Stoves, refrigerators, washing machines, water heaters, etc.
- Limit two of each type of appliance per household
- Televisions, stereos, etc.
Building materials/construction debris
- Must be in trash cans, boxes, etc. of such size and weight that they can be reasonably lifted by two average adults.
- Containers must be strong enough that they do not break apart while being lifted even if they are wet.
- Privacy fence sections must be cut in half or smaller manageable size.
And here’s what they won’t take:
- Any trash that Allied Waste would pick up as part of its regular residential waste collection contract
- Automobile parts
- Hazardous materials
- Computers or accessories
- Concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
While the above items are not eligible for heavy trash collection, there are other events throughout the year that will accept them such as Tox Away Day, Tire Amnesty Days, and Electronics Recycling Days, the days and times of which can be found through the Solid Waste District’s section of the City’s website.
To find out when heavy trash pickup will roll through your neighborhood, visit the “Heavy Trash Pickup Dates” on the City’s website.