Happy 25th Birthday Lady Gaga
The “mother monster” turns 25 today, which I believe is 2,497 in monster years. To celebrate, our sister-site PopCrush.com has compiled a list of 25 things you may not know about Gaga.
25. She was a starving musician until last year. In an interview on ‘60 Minutes‘ in February, Gaga stated, “I am making a lot of money. But if you want to know the truth about my money, I didn’t start making money until 8 months ago. I was completely bankrupt. I put everything into my theater shows.”
24. Gaga’s friends from New York are currently on tour with her, which leads to many pranks. “They make jokes about my diet because they know I have to stay fit for music videos,” Gaga stated in an interview with Google on March 22. “So they’ll leave like mountains of cheeseburgers and stuff in my dressing room. Vicious, vicious.”
23. She rehearses vocally every day with the same coach she has had since she was 11. “I do a 30 minute warm-up every single day. It’s been the same vocal warm-up that I’ve been doing since I was 11-years-old. I’ve had my mentor Don Lawrence, [as] my voice teacher since I was 11, so that’s over 10 years now,” Gaga tells Google.
22. Her song ‘Telephone’ was originally written for Britney Spears‘ sixth album ‘Circus.’ However, the song didn’t make the album’s final track listing, so Gaga recorded the song as a collaboration with Beyonce for her second album, ‘The Fame Monster.’
20. After making her debut on the runway, Lady Gaga purchased the entire Thierry Mugler Collection. The collection will definitely blend perfectly with her wardrobe, considering it consists of a lot of skin-tight latex pieces.
(Courtesy Cristin Maher, popcrush.com)
For the rest of the list, jump over to PopCrush.com