Evansville Heavy Trash Collection Begins Monday [MAP]
If you spent any portion of your summer remodeling, or just cleaning out all that old junk you’ve been holding to for whatever reason, the City of Evansville will once again not only take care of it for you, they’ll come to your house and get it during the annual Fall Heavy Trash cycle beginning this Monday, August 14th.
According to the City of Evansville website, there are certain items they will take during the service, and some they won’t.
Items they will gladly take include:
- Carpet (Must be rolled in sections no longer than 4 ft. and no wider than 2 ft. in diameter)
- Furniture (Sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses, box springs, etc.)
- Appliances (Stoves, refrigerators, washing machines, water heaters, etc., Limit two of each type of appliance per household)
- Electronics (Stereos, radios etc.)
- Building materials/construction debris (Must be in trash cans, boxes, etc. of such size and weight that they can be reasonably lifted by two average adults.)
- Privacy fence sections (Must be cut in half or smaller manageable size)
Items they WON’T take include:
- Computers or accessories
- Concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
- Automobile parts
- Hazardous materials
- Any trash that Republic Service would pick up as part of its regular residential waste collection contract
Considering Evansville’s size, just because collection starts on Monday, doesn’t mean it will happen in your neighborhood. Check out the interactive map below to find out when you need to have your junk ready to be picked up.
[Source: City of Evansville]