Digital Job Hub:Parts Counter Sales Representative -Whayne Supply Company
Parts Counter Sales Representative
Sells parts and helps customers solve parts problems over the counter or by telephone; identifies proper parts numbers, checks availability,recommends and sells parts as a service and as requested by customer; completes parts order forms, enters related information into the Data Processing system.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Technical knowledge of Caterpillar, Allied and Agriculture equipment as related to parts specifications, normally obtained by 2 to 4 years experience in parts warehousing operation or equivalent.
3. Ability to use computer terminal and learn necessary transaction codes for parts, credit and sales function.
4. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to lift 70 lbs.
6. Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
7. Understanding of Caterpillar parts search software and on-line business operating system functions is desirable.
8. Sells parts to the customer over the counter, by telephone or telemarketing efforts.
9. Looks up part numbers, solves parts problems, checks availability, prices parts for our Service
Commensurate with Experience
Part or Full-Time
Whayne Supply Company
Whayne Supply Company was founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1913, and is one of the oldest and largest Caterpillar dealers in the United States. The company has approximately 1,300 employees with facilities in 17 cities across Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Whayne provides customers in this territory with a complete line of Caterpillar equipment and engines including full parts and service product support.
Whayne Supply Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Whayne Supply Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Whayne Supply Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. Positions require a post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug screen. This organization participates in E-Verify. Federal Law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States: Employment Verification English | Verificación de empleo en Español
Where to Apply – Online Application