10 Tweets You May See The Pope Send Now That He Joined Twitter [HUMOR]
Since joining the social media site earlier this week, the 85-year old pontiff has nearly 500,000 followers and counting, but has yet to send a single tweet. What kind of wisdom can he dispense in 140 characters? I have few in mind.
For Catholics like myself, the Pope is considered our earthly conduit to God. Deemed to be the holiest of the holy, he’ll no doubt post some pretty profound thoughts as the days and weeks pass. But what I’d like to see from the Holy See, is a few “regular person” kind of tweets. By joining Twitter, he’s already making an attempt to relate to us common folk by using a service millions of others use. So why not use it like the rest of us by tweeting about everyday things? Here’s a few I’d like to see:
- Heaven on Earth, thy name is cheesecake.
- Did anyone else catch Honey Boo Boo last night? O.M.Me!
- “Luck” had nothing to do with the Colts last-second win over Lions…I’m just sayin’.
- @TimTebow: Got your messages, will get back to you as soon as I can. #overlyattachedgirlfriend
- Want to go for a drive, but chauffuer is out sick. #firstworldproblems
- John 3:16 #YOLO
- Peace in the Middle East. #epicfail
- Does this hat make me look fat?
- @rihanna: RiRi, why you actin’ so cray-cray? luv u gf
- Talked to God (again) today. #pimp