10 Dumb Indiana Laws You May Be Breaking Without Knowing
There are thousands of laws in the books to make sure everyone stays on the straight and narrow. While most of them make complete and total sense, there are several that make no sense at all.
Below is 10 of our picks for the dumbest laws in the State of Indiana that you may be breaking on a regular basis and have no idea your doing it.
These are actual laws on the books, courtesy of the website, Dumb Laws.com. Most, if not all, were written many, many years ago, then forgotten about as time when on.
10. The Value of Pi is 3
Because rounding it off to 3.14 is just too time consuming. Ain't nobody got time for that.
9. All males 18 to 50 years old must work six days a year on public roads.
I'm 39 and have never worked a day on a public road in my life. That's 21 years of violating the law. Does that mean a life sentence if I get caught?
8. Mustaches are illegal if the bearer has a tendency to habitually kiss other humans.
Fortunately, my genetic inability to grow anything that even remotely resembles a mustache keeps me in the clear here.
7. Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights.
You might as well wear all black and try to cross with your eyes close. No one is going to see you anyway.
6. No one may catch a fish with his bare hands.
Sorry, you're going to have to go about it the old fashioned way. With a shotgun (it's possible I'm doing it wrong).
5. Waitresses may not carry drinks into a restaurant or bar.
Something tells me this would seriously put a dent in their tips.
4. Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.
If this were to be enforced, I'd be on the hook for one billion dollars.
3. If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
I'm not sure which is dumber, the fact this law exists, or the fact someone defined it as an "Immoral Practice".
2. It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
*See number 4
1. Oral sex is illegal.
Are we not allowed to have any fun in Indiana?!?!
[Source: Dumb Laws.com]