10 Dumb Indiana Laws That Don’t Even Seem Real
1) A three dollar fine per pack will be imposed on anyone playing cards in Indiana under the Act for the Prevention of Gaming.
Sorry, Grandma, you can't play bridge anymore without paying up.
2) One may not sniff glue.
I mean I understand the importance of not sniffing glue but how specific is this? How many people had to be sniffing glue before someone put their foot down and was like, "That's IT! This glue epidemic is out of hand! Make a law that no one shall sniff glue! Punishable by the law!"?
3) State government officials who engage in private duels can be dismissed from their post.
I really, really, really, feel like I missed my calling to be a state government official in this scenario.
4) Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
That would make for one smelly state. Can you imagine? I feel like I'd die from my own stink.
5) “Spiteful Gossip” and “talking behind a person’s back” are illegal.
Not only is God watching you, but so is the state government. So cut that stuff out!
6) It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks.
I can't really think of why this would be a problem. "I'm sorry, we can sell you these cold beers but we absolutely cannot sell you this other sugary drink sans alcohol! That's reckless, ma'am!"
7) Check forgery can be punished with public flogging up to 100 stripes.
I can't remember when the last time I saw a flogging was. But uh, what the heck, Indiana?
8) Oral sex is illegal.
My body, my choice! That's my philosophy.
9) Mustaches are illegal if the bearer has a tendency to habitually kiss other humans.
I understand why this one is illegal now! See #8.
10) If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
Let me ask you this: Why would you need to pay a fine regarding puppets due to the 'Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices'? What "Immoral" things were people doing with puppets that birthed this law into existence?!